Daniel Radcliffe is one of the richest stars having the biggest net worth in Britain. He is best know for the role in the Harry Potter franchise.
The net worth of Daniel Radcliffe
Up to 2020, the net worth of Daniel Radcliffe is approximately 110 million USD. He often appeared in the list of the wealthiest young celebrities in the UK together with Ed Sheeran and Harry Styles.
Daniel became one of the highest-paid actors in the world by filming Harry Potter. Thanks to this successful franchise, he also got fame around the world and got many compliments from the critics for his performance.
Salary of Daniel Radcliffe in Harry Potter
In 2000, Radcliffe got the invitation for casting in the first Harry Potter film called Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. After some callback auditions and 8 months of waiting, he got the offer of this role. It was the breakthrough bringing him both fame and wealth.
In 2001, the first Harry Potter movie was released. As some resources, the salary of Daniel at that time was 1 million USD. The second part of this series, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, released a year after. The continuous success of it brought 3 million USD to Daniel. Although these numbers were actually huge, people would be more overwhelmed with the salary of Daniel from the remaining parts of the Harry Potter franchise.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004): 6 million USD
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005): 11 million USD
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007): 14 million USD
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009): 24 million USD
- Two parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (in 2010 and 2011): 50 million USD!
When the movie went on to gain popularity and acclaim, Daniel Radcliffe became well-known all over the world. At the age of 16, Radcliffe became the youngest non-royal person to have a portrait hung in the National Portrait Gallery.
Radcliffe and his co-stars, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, got the invitation to leave their hands, feet, and wands imprints outside the Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood in 2006.
In general, the Harry Potter franchise got positive reviews. In addition, it has become the highest-grossing film franchise ever, after the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies and Star Wars.
Other work of Daniel Radcliffe
Despite the highlight of Harry Potter in Daniel’s early career, he had also performed other roles throughout those years.
- In 2001, his film debut took place in The Taylor of Panama, starring Pierce Brosnan
- In 2002, he joined in The Play What I Wrote
- In 2007, Daniel participated in the movie December Boys and the TV series My Boy Jack
Over the years, this star had mainly participated in independent film projects such as “The woman in black”, “Kill your darlings” or “Horns”. Although these works did not generate huge box office revenue, it helped Daniel Radcliffe to hone his acting skills and gradually get out of the shadow of Harry Potter’s role.
Daniel Radcliffe in Horns
Lifestyles of Daniel Radcliffe
Owning a fortune of up to 110 million USD, Daniel Radcliffe did not pursue a rich lifestyle like many other famous stars.
Sharing about his huge net worth, Daniel Radcliffe had surprised many fans when he revealed: “I don’t really do anything with my money. I’m grateful for them because having money means you don’t have to worry about money anymore, it’s comfortable freedom. It also gives me limitless freedom in my profession.”
In other words, it means Daniel identified himself as a lucky man that he never had to worry about money. Also, he could be very selective about the projects that he chose to work on. In the future, he hoped to direct and produce movies.
Daniel simply chose the Fiat Punto as his primary means of transportation. This Fiat Punto cost only 17,000 USD. Daniel said he preferred an eco-friendly car to a luxurious supercar.
He also supported many organizations. Most of them included children’s rights and healthcare.
- 3 Disney Blockbusters Dubbed by “Spider Man” Tom Holland
- All Stories of Chris Hemsworth’s Acting Career Then and Now
- Scarlett Johansson then and now: From the beauty icon of Hollywood to the billion action superstar
- Why venom is the most terrible role in the acting career of Tom Hardy?
- Mariah Carey Net Worth 2020 and Things She Spent Money On