Currently, Superstar – Henry Cavill – is gaining attention with the TV series “The Witcher”. In the film, he has to cut down water for 3 days to have impressive scenes “showing off” flex muscles and more interesting details about Henry Cavill during the Witcher’s filming.
The newly released “The Witcher” shows the tough and difficult journey of Geralt of Rivia through intense battle scenes. Especially, Henry Cavill’s acting was praised by the audience. Henry Cavill’s performance as Geralt of Rivia in Netflix’s “The Witcher”.
Henry Cavill stars as a magical monster-hunter in a story determined to shock the viewer. Many people think that he seems to have completely escaped the shadow of the superhero character that he has shown before. Besides, the actor also left an impression thanks to his bare moments, showing his toned muscles. Below, we’ve gathered some facts about Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia in The Witcher.
1. Not long ago, Henry Cavill revealed that he wanted to play the character Geralt of Rivia because he is a big fan of games: “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt”. Therefore, he himself tried a lot to be cast in this role.
2. According to film producer Lauren Schmidt, the star “Men in Steel” has surpassed more than 200 other candidates to be selected to play this heavy role in “The Witcher”.
3. As the main character in “The Witcher” series, he has many inconveniences when he has to wear a long white wig, contact lenses, and carry Geralt’s weapons during the film.
4. Henry Cavill didn’t drink water for three days to appear shirtless scenes in “The Witcher”. Henry explains that on the first day, he drank 1.5 liters of water. The second day drops to half a liter and the third day no water. The actor said that he felt bad with the practice regime but accepted to have a satisfactory scene.
5. Henry Cavill is too muscular that the outfits are often torn so much. The Witcher’s designers had to constantly produce and reproduce outfit pieces to keep the shoots rolling.
6. Henry Cavill had no stunt doubles in The Witcher’s first season. He did his own stunt. Despite many fight scenes throughout the season, he wants his audiences to see Geralt who played by Henry Cavill on screen. It’s not other guys that can do the Geralt stuff.
“The Witcher” is an 8-episode season, based on a fantasy book of the same name by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. Cavill stars alongside Freya Allan, who plays Ciri, Anya Chalotra as Yennefer, and Anna Shaffer as Triss. The Witcher is showing on Netflix this year.
Just for fans: Netflix has confirmed it will continue to produce the second season of The Witcher, officially shooting in February 2020. In addition, they also hope this series can last up to 7 movie seasons, or longer, as long as fans will continue to support and accompany them in the future.